Militia Members Charged with plot to Kidnap Gov. Whitmer

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
498 posts
Annoyed Liberall

Unread post

Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist
Politics: Classical Liberal

https://www.yahoo.com/news/feds-charge- ... 54002.html
LANSING, Mich. — The federal government has charged six people with conspiring to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, according to newly unsealed court records.

Members of a militia group purchased weapons, conducted surveillance, and held training and planning meetings, but were foiled in part because the FBI was able to infiltrate the group with informants, according to a criminal complaint.

The FBI became aware early in 2020, through social media, that a militia group was "discussing the violent overthrow of certain government and law enforcement components," and "agreed to take violent action," according to a sworn affidavit.

Members of the group talked about "murdering ... tyrants" or "taking" a sitting governor, according to the affidavit. One of the relevant meetings the FBI monitored was held June 20 in Grand Rapids. the affidavit alleges.

Discussions included using 200 men to "storm" the state Capitol Building in Lansing, kidnap hostages, including, Whitmer and try the governor for treason, according to the affidavit.

The group met for field exercises and training this year and conducted surveillance of the governor's vacation home on at least two occasions in late August and September, the affidavit alleges. They also purchased an 800,000-volt Taser and night goggles for use in the kidnapping plot, according to court records. Members of the plot said they wanted to complete the kidnapping before the Nov. 3 election, according to the affidavit.

"All of us can disagree about politics, but those disagreements should never, ever result in violence," said U.S. Attorney Matthew Schneider in the Eastern District of Michigan. "The allegations in this complaint are deeply disturbing. We owe our thanks to the men and women of law enforcement who uncovered this plot and have worked so hard to protect Gov. Whitmer."
Conspirators targeted governor's vacation home, recordings reveal

Charged in the U.S. District Court in the western district of Michigan are: Adam Fox, Barry Croft, Ty Garbin, Kaleb Franks, Daniel Harris, and Brandon Caserta, according to a criminal complaint. They are charged with conspiracy to commit kidnapping, according to the complaint.

All are residents of Michigan except Croft, who is a resident of Delaware, the complaint alleges.

More than a dozen people from several states met in Dublin, Ohio on June 6 and talked about creating a society that followed the U.S. Bill of Rights, in which they could be self-sufficient. After that meeting, a militia group in Michigan was contacted.

The FBI used confidential informants as part of the investigation and has paid one of them more than $14,000, according to the affidavit.

On July 18, at a meeting in Ohio that was secretly recorded, Garbin suggested shooting up the governor's vacation home, which he said he would prefer over trying to go to the Capitol in Lansing.

Fox said the best opportunity to abduct Whitmer would be when she was arriving at, or leaving, either her personal vacation home or the governor’s official summer residence on Mackinac Island, according to the affidavit.

Fox described the plans as, "Snatch and grab, man."

Once kidnapped, Whitmer would be moved to a "secure location" in Wisconsin, for "trial," according to the affidavit.

Fox suggested they get a Realtor to help them find the exact location of the vacation home and collect information on the surrounding homes and structures," according to the affidavit.

He also discussed the importance of knowing the layout of the yard, homes, and security, said they needed to map out the surrounding property and gates, and needed plumbers and electricians to help them read blueprints to refine their strategy, according to the affidavit. Fox suggested recruiting an engineer or information technology expert, a “demo guy,” and other “operators," according to the affidavit.

Pengwin

Unread post

Politics: Liberal

Up against the wall, but I suppose we'll have to wait for the Courts.

Huey

Unread post

Politics: Liberacon

Can we just shoot the idiots?  Or better yet, since they think they are such badasses let the army use them as the opposing force in a live fire exercise. See how bad they really are.
no, you haven't proven that by assertion. Unless you can show your mention prior to my post of Feb 8, you lose..

Hey BV, did Jan 24th 2020 come before or after Feb 8th 2020?

444biden

Unread post

Politics: Fascist

Huey » 08 Oct 2020, 12:24 pm » wrote: Can we just shoot the idiots?  Or better yet, since they think they are such badasses let the army use them as the opposing force in a live fire exercise. See how bad they really are.

How soon will Trump say both sides of the kidnapping are fine people?

Annoyed Liberall

Unread post

Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist

OMG **** is getting out of hand!

Huey

Unread post

444biden » 08 Oct 2020, 12:30 pm » wrote: How soon will Trump say both sides of the kidnapping are fine people?

Why would he say that?  He has  never said anything like that in the past.  
no, you haven't proven that by assertion. Unless you can show your mention prior to my post of Feb 8, you lose..

Annoyed Liberall

Unread post

Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist

Huey » 08 Oct 2020, 12:24 pm » wrote: Can we just shoot the idiots?  Or better yet, since they think they are such badasses let the army use them as the opposing force in a live fire exercise. See how bad they really are.
We really need a supportive message from Trump over this.
I am praying hard that he can do the right thing.

sooted up Cyndi

Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece
Politics: Independent

ROFL
AnnoyedLiberall » 08 Oct 2020, 12:33 pm » wrote: OMG **** is getting out of hand!
You cant even make this sheet up.

Annoyed Liberall

Unread post

Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist

sooted up Cyndi » 08 Oct 2020, 12:35 pm » wrote: You cant even make this sheet up.
I think my boss is right...
There's going to be a revolution.

sooted up Cyndi

Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece

ROFL
AnnoyedLiberall » 08 Oct 2020, 12:57 pm » wrote: I think my boss is right...
There's going to be a revolution.
I think so too. I'm getting ready. Just remember it really isn't people like us... here on the forum. lefty-righty we are all cool. It's the nuts out there I worry about?  both sides, we are kind of main stream?

Blackvegetable

Unread post

Antifa
Huey » 08 Oct 2020, 12:33 pm » wrote: Why would he say that?  He has  never said anything like that in the past.
DEFENSE!

DEFENSE!

Huey » wrote:
I had to lie to do it, but hey, I get to do that for a living.

I repeat slogans.

I don't care about frequency. 4 of the last 8 winners were from small countries. THat is the point.

Don't bother if it is going to be from behind. It could be anyone.

Your context is irrelevant.

If you are going to get all personal, as is your tactic, there is no need to continue

Huey

Unread post

If you have a citation with a link to his exact words, in their entirety, please post them and slam me, Troll. 

Carry on.

Misty

Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Politics: Liberal

PPE Mask
AnnoyedLiberall » 08 Oct 2020, 12:34 pm » wrote: We really need a supportive message from Trump over this.
I am praying hard that he can do the right thing.
Yeah good luck with that.
If what's past is prologue he will remain silent on the issue until forced to say something and then issue a lukewarm condemnation followed by......
But, but, but.....ANTIFA!!! 

.......................................We're all trapped in this insane hellscape.

Termin8tor

Unread post

Politics: Conservative

Misty » 08 Oct 2020, 1:13 pm » wrote: If what's past is prologue he will remain silent on the issue until forced to say something and then issue a lukewarm condemnation followed by......
But, but, but.....ANTIFA!!!
You actually think that six people being arrested is a big deal for Trump to comment on? 

At a time maybe 250 cities have been set afire by radical left ANTIFA and BLM/ and billions of dollars in damages done?

Neither of whom have been condemned by your candidate.

Anti-republiKlan

Unread post

Politics: Democratic

Militia that targeted Michigan governor also sought to kill cops

NBC News investigative reporter Tom Winter provided details on Thursday about the militia plot to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) and violently overthrow the government over her mask mandate and COVID-19 rules.

Winter explained that the FBI began monitoring social media conversations about the violent overthrow of the government and were able to use embedded agents and informants to thwart the plot.

“One of those informants came from a militia group in Michigan and as a result they were able to speak with this person who came forward because they were concerned that the militia was seeking the addresses of police officers and wanted to kill police officers,” he said. “One of the militia groups that was kind of associated or tried to be brought in to be recruited by the people that were charged today in this plot to kidnap Gov. Gretchen Whitmer was allegedly involved in one of those Second Amendment rallies at the capital in Michigan.”

Defend democracy. Click to invest in courageous progressive journalism today.
For the past several months, Republicans have alleged that Black Lives Matter protesters were responsible for violent attacks against police officers and have tried to claim that supporters of the movement are domestic terrorists. FBI Director Christopher Wray testified that “opportunists,” militia members and anarchists were the majority of the instigators of violence at such rallies.

See the video report below:

444biden

Unread post

Termin8tor » 08 Oct 2020, 1:18 pm » wrote: .
You actually think that six people being arrested is a big deal for Trump to comment on? 

At a time maybe 250 cities have been set afire by radical left ANTIFA and BLM/ and billions of dollars in damages done?

FBI arrested 6 people for planning to kidnap the governor of Michigan. Yes, it is a big deal

Termin8tor

Unread post

Politics: Conservative

444biden » 08 Oct 2020, 1:27 pm » wrote:
Termin8tor » 08 Oct 2020, 1:18 pm » wrote: You actually think that six people being arrested is a big deal for Trump to comment on? 

FBI arrested 6 people for planning to kidnap the governor of Michigan. Yes, it is a big deal
A bigger deal than 250 cities having large areas destroyed by thousands of leftist insurgents?

Bigger than Obama and his corrupt officials attempting a literal coup against Trump?

You're hopelessly stupid.

444biden

Unread post

Termin8tor » 08 Oct 2020, 1:38 pm » wrote: A bigger deal than 250 cities having large areas destroyed by thousands of leftist insurgents?

Bigger than Obama and his corrupt officials attempting a literal coup against Trump?

Thank god we will be voting fascist Trump out of office

sooted up Cyndi

Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece

ROFL
444biden » 08 Oct 2020, 1:39 pm » wrote: Thank god we will be voting fascist Trump out of office
whah ha ha? In your dreams. no one is gonna vote for that slow drooling sniffin fool.

Annoyed Liberall

Unread post

Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist

Termin8tor » 08 Oct 2020, 1:38 pm » wrote: A bigger deal than 250 cities having large areas destroyed by thousands of leftist insurgents?

Just shut up and quit trying to change the subject.
Who let you out of the dungeon?

Keep changing the subject, and you are going back.
You don't decide what we talk about in my thread.