Looks like we need knife control

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
814 posts
User avatar
Cannonpointer

Unread post

User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Posts: 103,342
Politics: Insurrectionist
Location: Your sister's bedroom

WhistleSNAP
FOS » 17 Oct 2020, 11:48 am » wrote: There is a reason you can buy an ar15 but not an m16. Kinda like it is legal to buy fireworks but not dynamite

' But they are both designed to explode! '

You have no point.
To carry forward your analogy, his point is that he wants more controls on both..
 
Log in or Register to remove ads

Accomplishments are helpful, yes - but the critical qualifications for VP are melanin and a vagina.

When your map disputes the territory, it's your map that is wrong.
Hearing much sizzle, expect little steak
Lies are a lazy man's truths
Humanity's law of the jungle is survival of the tribe

Only weak ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

Nostalgia is a crime against past and present
You cannot betray me, only yourself, to me

User avatar
Huey

Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 66,555
Politics: Liberacon

Cannonpointer » 17 Oct 2020, 11:47 am » wrote: He's plainly told you that he wants controls on both - and why.

Agree or disagree, his opinion is manifest, and he has a right to it.

His knowledge of the minutia impinges on his right to that opinion not a whit.

You should just call him a ****** dicker. You'll feel better, and you'll almost certainly be correct.

His reasoning is based on propaganda that has been debunked.  I like watching him embarrass himself by using propaganda.  And look at the bright side.  It keeps him from chasing me all over the forum and disrupting other's threads.  Consider it a public service.  Don't you think I knew how this would go when I started the thread?  
no, you haven't proven that by assertion. Unless you can show your mention prior to my post of Feb 8, you lose..

Hey BV, did Jan 24th 2020 come before or after Feb 8th 2020?

User avatar
Huey

Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 66,555
Politics: Liberacon

Cannonpointer » 17 Oct 2020, 11:49 am » wrote: To carry forward your analogy, his oint is that he wants more controls on both..

To be honest with you he does not want more controls.  He wants the AR 15 banned.  
no, you haven't proven that by assertion. Unless you can show your mention prior to my post of Feb 8, you lose..

Hey BV, did Jan 24th 2020 come before or after Feb 8th 2020?

Blackvegetable

Unread post

      
      
Posts: 61,367

Antifa
FOS » 17 Oct 2020, 11:48 am » wrote: There is a reason you can buy an ar15 but not an m16. Kinda like it is legal to buy fireworks but not dynamite

' But they are both designed to explode! '

You have no point.
Give everyone a break from your assertions for a while
Huey » wrote:
I had to lie to do it, but hey, I get to do that for a living.

I repeat slogans.

I don't care about frequency. 4 of the last 8 winners were from small countries. THat is the point.

Don't bother if it is going to be from behind. It could be anyone.

Your context is irrelevant.

If you are going to get all personal, as is your tactic, there is no need to continue

Blackvegetable

Unread post

      
      
Posts: 61,367

Antifa
Huey » 17 Oct 2020, 11:50 am » wrote: His reasoning is based on propaganda that has been debunked.  I like watching him embarrass himself by using propaganda.  And look at the bright side.  It keeps him from chasing me all over the forum and disrupting other's threads.  Consider it a public service.  Don't you think I knew how this would go when I started the thread?
Without a whole lot of yapping, post the system of which the AR15 is a variant...
Huey » wrote:
I had to lie to do it, but hey, I get to do that for a living.

I repeat slogans.

I don't care about frequency. 4 of the last 8 winners were from small countries. THat is the point.

Don't bother if it is going to be from behind. It could be anyone.

Your context is irrelevant.

If you are going to get all personal, as is your tactic, there is no need to continue

User avatar
Huey

Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 66,555
Politics: Liberacon

Blackvegetable » 17 Oct 2020, 11:56 am » wrote: Without a whole lot of yapping, post the system of which the AR15 is a variant...
Already answered.  Not sure how it is a variant of the M16 when the AR semi auto was produced and marketed first:

Colt sent a pilot model rifle (serial no. GX4968) to the BATF for civilian sale approval on Oct. 23, 1963. It was approved on Dec. 10, 1963, and sales of the "Model R6000 Colt AR-15 SP1 Sporter Rifle" began on Jan 2, 1964. The M16 wasn't issued to infantry units until 1965 (as the XM16E1), wasn't standardized as the M16A1 until 1967, and didn't officially replace the M14 until 1969. Colt had been selling semi-automatic AR-15's to civilians for 5 years by the time the M16A1 replaced the M14. Going off of the serial number records for the SP1, Colt had sold at least 2,501 rifles to the civilian market by 1965, 8,250 rifles by 1967, and 14,653 rifles by 1969.

Your source further says that he's shocked to "see this weapon any place other than the battlefield", and suggests that Stoner would have been as well. Colt was literally selling the rifle to the civilian market at the same time that they were testing and refining the rifle with the military in an attempt to land a contract. I don't understand how one could have been working at Colt and not have known this, particularly with so many civilian sales by 1967. It would have been something like 7 rifles sold on the civilian market per day that year, at least.

https://www.theatlantic.com/notes/2017/ ... 15/545660/

 
no, you haven't proven that by assertion. Unless you can show your mention prior to my post of Feb 8, you lose..

Hey BV, did Jan 24th 2020 come before or after Feb 8th 2020?

User avatar
Cannonpointer

Unread post

User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Posts: 103,342
Politics: Insurrectionist
Location: Your sister's bedroom

WhistleSNAP
Huey » 17 Oct 2020, 11:50 am » wrote: His reasoning is based on propaganda that has been debunked.  I like watching him embarrass himself by using propaganda.  And look at the bright side.  It keeps him from chasing me all over the forum and disrupting other's threads.  Consider it a public service.  Don't you think I knew how this would go when I started the thread?

You are a great American, sir.
Accomplishments are helpful, yes - but the critical qualifications for VP are melanin and a vagina.

When your map disputes the territory, it's your map that is wrong.
Hearing much sizzle, expect little steak
Lies are a lazy man's truths
Humanity's law of the jungle is survival of the tribe

Only weak ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

Nostalgia is a crime against past and present
You cannot betray me, only yourself, to me

User avatar
Cannonpointer

Unread post

User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Posts: 103,342
Politics: Insurrectionist
Location: Your sister's bedroom

WhistleSNAP
Huey » 17 Oct 2020, 11:51 am » wrote: To be honest with you he does not want more controls.  He wants the AR 15 banned.

That, and gender definitions - yes.

He's a bad actor all around. He hates apple pie - and Mama.
Accomplishments are helpful, yes - but the critical qualifications for VP are melanin and a vagina.

When your map disputes the territory, it's your map that is wrong.
Hearing much sizzle, expect little steak
Lies are a lazy man's truths
Humanity's law of the jungle is survival of the tribe

Only weak ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

Nostalgia is a crime against past and present
You cannot betray me, only yourself, to me

FOS

Unread post

     
     
Posts: 2,006
Politics: Fascist

Blackvegetable » 17 Oct 2020, 11:55 am » wrote: Give everyone a break from your assertions for a while
I even gave you an example of what an actual point is. Do you see how my point about the injury from a .223 is actually something tangible? You see the difference between that and this vague useless nonsense you are talking about? I can't even believe this conversation is ongoing. You are literally incapable of contributing anything.

Termin8tor

Unread post

      
      
Posts: 42,766
Politics: Conservative

Huey » 17 Oct 2020, 11:51 am » wrote: To be honest with you he does not want more controls.  He wants the AR 15 banned.
An interesting side point. I had a friend who was a public attorney.

One of his clients, a middle class law abiding citizen, was threatened with, if I recall, 10 years in prison because his "assault rifle" was half an inch below the legal limit.

He had two crimes in his past, a bar fight when he was in his early 20's and a drug crime so on paper he was a three-time felon.

Since then he worked and lived his life without breaking any laws, not at all uncommon a story for many Americans with something in their past or who got away with something when they were young and stupid.

The prosecutor didn't care in the slightest what actual fairness was. She wanted to throw the book at him to pad her record.

My friend managed to get him off.

This is the kind of lunatic law that Beltway hacks like Bill Clinton and Joe Biden pass with zero concern for the consequence to actual people.
 
 

Blackvegetable

Unread post

      
      
Posts: 61,367

Antifa
Huey » 17 Oct 2020, 11:58 am » wrote: Already answered.  Not sure how it is a variant of the M16 when the AR semi auto was produced and marketed first:

Colt sent a pilot model rifle (serial no. GX4968) to the BATF for civilian sale approval on Oct. 23, 1963. It was approved on Dec. 10, 1963, and sales of the "Model R6000 Colt AR-15 SP1 Sporter Rifle" began on Jan 2, 1964. The M16 wasn't issued to infantry units until 1965 (as the XM16E1), wasn't standardized as the M16A1 until 1967, and didn't officially replace the M14 until 1969. Colt had been selling semi-automatic AR-15's to civilians for 5 years by the time the M16A1 replaced the M14. Going off of the serial number records for the SP1, Colt had sold at least 2,501 rifles to the civilian market by 1965, 8,250 rifles by 1967, and 14,653 rifles by 1969.

Your source further says that he's shocked to "see this weapon any place other than the battlefield", and suggests that Stoner would have been as well. Colt was literally selling the rifle to the civilian market at the same time that they were testing and refining the rifle with the military in an attempt to land a contract. I don't understand how one could have been working at Colt and not have known this, particularly with so many civilian sales by 1967. It would have been something like 7 rifles sold on the civilian market per day that year, at least.

https://www.theatlantic.com/notes/2017/ ... 15/545660/
Another rabbit hole..

Of what relevance is that to DESIGN?


Why would a weapon DESIGNED for civilian use need to be approved by BATF?
 
Huey » wrote:
I had to lie to do it, but hey, I get to do that for a living.

I repeat slogans.

I don't care about frequency. 4 of the last 8 winners were from small countries. THat is the point.

Don't bother if it is going to be from behind. It could be anyone.

Your context is irrelevant.

If you are going to get all personal, as is your tactic, there is no need to continue

Blackvegetable

Unread post

      
      
Posts: 61,367

Antifa
Termin8tor » 17 Oct 2020, 12:03 pm » wrote: An interesting side point. I had a friend who was a public attorney.

One of his clients, a middle class law abiding citizen, was threatened with, if I recall, 10 years in prison because his "assault rifle" was half an inch below the legal limit.

He had two crimes in his past, a bar fight when he was in his early 20's and a drug crime so on paper he was a three-time felon.

Since then he worked and lived his life without breaking any laws, not at all uncommon a story for many Americans with something in their past or who got away with something when they were young and stupid.

The prosecutor didn't care in the slightest what actual fairness was. She wanted to throw the book at him to pad her record.

My friend managed to get him off.

This is the kind of lunatic law that Beltway hacks like Bill Clinton and Joe Biden pass with zero concern for the consequence to actual people.
The stories are endless.
 
Huey » wrote:
I had to lie to do it, but hey, I get to do that for a living.

I repeat slogans.

I don't care about frequency. 4 of the last 8 winners were from small countries. THat is the point.

Don't bother if it is going to be from behind. It could be anyone.

Your context is irrelevant.

If you are going to get all personal, as is your tactic, there is no need to continue

Blackvegetable

Unread post

      
      
Posts: 61,367

Antifa
FOS » 17 Oct 2020, 12:02 pm » wrote: I even gave you an example of what an actual point is. Do you see how my point about the injury from a .223 is actually something tangible? You see the difference between that and this vague useless nonsense you are talking about? I can't even believe this conversation is ongoing. You are literally incapable of contributing anything.
No...I meant it..


 
Huey » wrote:
I had to lie to do it, but hey, I get to do that for a living.

I repeat slogans.

I don't care about frequency. 4 of the last 8 winners were from small countries. THat is the point.

Don't bother if it is going to be from behind. It could be anyone.

Your context is irrelevant.

If you are going to get all personal, as is your tactic, there is no need to continue

Blackvegetable

Unread post

      
      
Posts: 61,367

Antifa
Termin8tor » 17 Oct 2020, 12:03 pm » wrote: An interesting side point. I had a friend who was a public attorney.

One of his clients, a middle class law abiding citizen, was threatened with, if I recall, 10 years in prison because his "assault rifle" was half an inch below the legal limit.

He had two crimes in his past, a bar fight when he was in his early 20's and a drug crime so on paper he was a three-time felon.

Since then he worked and lived his life without breaking any laws, not at all uncommon a story for many Americans with something in their past or who got away with something when they were young and stupid.

The prosecutor didn't care in the slightest what actual fairness was. She wanted to throw the book at him to pad her record.

My friend managed to get him off.

This is the kind of lunatic law that Beltway hacks like Bill Clinton and Joe Biden pass with zero concern for the consequence to actual people.
It would be his 3rd felony conviction..

These laws require both a severe violent felony and two other previous convictions to serve a mandatory life sentence in prison.[5][6] The purpose of the laws is to drastically increase the punishment of those convicted of more than two serious crimes.[2]


The STUPID law was the one that criminalized his drug use.
Huey » wrote:
I had to lie to do it, but hey, I get to do that for a living.

I repeat slogans.

I don't care about frequency. 4 of the last 8 winners were from small countries. THat is the point.

Don't bother if it is going to be from behind. It could be anyone.

Your context is irrelevant.

If you are going to get all personal, as is your tactic, there is no need to continue

User avatar
Huey

Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 66,555
Politics: Liberacon

Blackvegetable » 17 Oct 2020, 12:04 pm » wrote: Another rabbit hole..

Of what relevance is that to DESIGN?

Why would a weapon DESIGNED for civilian use need to be approved by BATF?
All NEW weapons designs have to thru ATF.  Duh. You to have to get approved to ensure they do not fall under the NFA of 1934.
 
no, you haven't proven that by assertion. Unless you can show your mention prior to my post of Feb 8, you lose..

Hey BV, did Jan 24th 2020 come before or after Feb 8th 2020?

Blackvegetable

Unread post

      
      
Posts: 61,367

Antifa
Huey » 17 Oct 2020, 12:24 pm » wrote: All NEW weapons designs have to thru ATF.  Duh. You to have to get approved to ensure they do not fall under the NFA of 1934.
List of Colt AR-15 and M16 rifle variants
This article describes the many variations of the Colt AR-15 and M16 rifle family of weapons produced by Colt's Manufacturing Company. Weapons patterned on the original ArmaLite AR-15 design have been produced by numerous manufacturers and have been used by nations around the world, some of which created their own variations. The tables here are split in a variety of categories, and provide an overview of different subtypes.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... e_variants



​​​​​
Does the Sporter show up on this list?
 
Huey » wrote:
I had to lie to do it, but hey, I get to do that for a living.

I repeat slogans.

I don't care about frequency. 4 of the last 8 winners were from small countries. THat is the point.

Don't bother if it is going to be from behind. It could be anyone.

Your context is irrelevant.

If you are going to get all personal, as is your tactic, there is no need to continue

User avatar
Huey

Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 66,555
Politics: Liberacon

Blackvegetable » 17 Oct 2020, 1:03 pm » wrote: List of Colt AR-15 and M16 rifle variants
This article describes the many variations of the Colt AR-15 and M16 rifle family of weapons produced by Colt's Manufacturing Company. Weapons patterned on the original ArmaLite AR-15 design have been produced by numerous manufacturers and have been used by nations around the world, some of which created their own variations. The tables here are split in a variety of categories, and provide an overview of different subtypes.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... e_variants


​​​​​
Does the Sporter show up on this list?
Dude I am at the point you can use whatever word you like.  You have two questions to answer:

1.  I the AR 15 semi auto rifle was designed for the battlefield (it wasn’t) why wasn’t it issued To US Combat troops?  Especially since it was mass produced BEFORE the M 16?  How long you gonna run from that question?

2.  What capabilities and functions does the AR 15 Semi auto rifle share with the M 16?

Considering the AR 15 Semi auto was produced first.
no, you haven't proven that by assertion. Unless you can show your mention prior to my post of Feb 8, you lose..

Hey BV, did Jan 24th 2020 come before or after Feb 8th 2020?

User avatar
Huey

Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 66,555
Politics: Liberacon

Huey » 17 Oct 2020, 12:24 pm » wrote: All NEW weapons designs have to thru ATF.  Duh. You to have to get approved to ensure they do not fall under the NFA of 1934.
@Blackvegetable  

For the record that Is when the Government said the AR 15 Sporter WAS NOT a battlefield weapon.  Run from that also coward.
no, you haven't proven that by assertion. Unless you can show your mention prior to my post of Feb 8, you lose..

Hey BV, did Jan 24th 2020 come before or after Feb 8th 2020?

Blackvegetable

Unread post

      
      
Posts: 61,367

Antifa
Huey » 17 Oct 2020, 1:43 pm » wrote: Dude I am at the point you can use whatever word you like.  You have two questions to answer:

1.  I the AR 15 semi auto rifle was designed for the battlefield (it wasn’t) why wasn’t it issued To US Combat troops?  Especially since it was mass produced BEFORE the M 16?  How long you gonna run from that question?

2.  What capabilities and functions does the AR 15 Semi auto rifle share with the M 16?

Considering the AR 15 Semi auto was produced first.
I'm not addressing idiocies or diversions, Dwarf...

There is the citation....again.
Huey » wrote:
I had to lie to do it, but hey, I get to do that for a living.

I repeat slogans.

I don't care about frequency. 4 of the last 8 winners were from small countries. THat is the point.

Don't bother if it is going to be from behind. It could be anyone.

Your context is irrelevant.

If you are going to get all personal, as is your tactic, there is no need to continue

Blackvegetable

Unread post

      
      
Posts: 61,367

Antifa
Huey » 17 Oct 2020, 1:44 pm » wrote: @Blackvegetable  

For the record that Is when the Government said the AR 15 Sporter WAS NOT a battlefield weapon.  Run from that also coward.
No one said the AR 15 Sporter was.
Huey » wrote:
I had to lie to do it, but hey, I get to do that for a living.

I repeat slogans.

I don't care about frequency. 4 of the last 8 winners were from small countries. THat is the point.

Don't bother if it is going to be from behind. It could be anyone.

Your context is irrelevant.

If you are going to get all personal, as is your tactic, there is no need to continue

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexa [Bot], Annoyed Liberall, Bill Gates [Bot], Buffalo, Cannonpointer, Cedar, FOS, Google Adsense [Bot], Ike Bana, Independent, Isabel, Jantje_Smit, JeanMoulin, LaughinAtLefty, Majestic-12 [Bot], Mirabeau, nefarious101, Neo, neue regel, Olivaw, PaperLi [Bot], Pengwin, ROG62, RollingRock, SJConspirator, solon, Squatchman, Steve Jobs [Bot], Taipan, Termin8tor, thelion, Twitter [Bot], Vegas, WillFranklin, Yahoo [Bot], Zeets2 and 303 guests


Log in or Register to remove ads